For additional infomation about law enforcement career opportunities check out our Facebook page.
FULL TIME AND PART TIME POLICE OFFICERS
MT. OLIVE, IL
The Mt. Olive Police Department is currently seeking applications for full time and part time police officers. Applications can be obtained at the Mt. Olive Police Department, 215 E. Main St., Mt. Olive, 62069. Applicants must have successfully completed the basic police academy. Applications must be turned in no later than 5:00 pm on July 15, 2015 to the Mt. Olive P.D.
FULL TIME POLICE OFFICERMETRA, CHICAGO
The Northeast Regional Commuter Railroad Corporation (D/B/A Metra) is now accepting applications for the position of police officer with the Metra Police Department in Chicago. For more info and an application:
ENTRY LEVEL POLICE OFFICER
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
Applicants for the position of entry level Police Officer must meet the following minimum requirements and qualifications at the time of application:
· United States citizen.
· Must be at least 21 years old and maximum age of 34 years (except as otherwise provided by state law).
· Graduation from high school or equivalent thereof.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Identification card with a date of issue between June 1, 2014 and July 7, 2015. Applicants must complete POWER Test prior to submitting the application [testing cost is the responsibility of the applicant]. Agencies throughout the State of Illinois offer the POWER test including the following local agencies:
Joliet Junior College: http://www.jjc.edu/fitness-center/Pages/power-testing.aspx
Triton College: http://www.triton.edu/power/
· Other Qualifications (must meet a minimum of one of the following):
· Completion of 60 hours of college credit at time of application [transcript proof required]; OR
· Previous experience as a full time sworn, certified law enforcement officer [state certificate / license proof required]; OR
· Two (2) years active duty United States military experience [proof of service required].
Each phase of the process is pass / fail and required to proceed to the next.
· Mandatory Orientation session [9:00 a.m., Sunday, August 2, 2015]
· Written examination (multiple choice) [Sunday, August 2, 2015 immediately after orientation]
· Written examination (essay) [Sunday, August 2, 2015]
· Oral Interview with Civil Service Commission – applicants will be contacted with specific date / time information [scheduled to begin after Labor Day, September 7, 2015]
· Preliminary background check
· Post-offer examinations including but not limited to: polygraph examination; psychological evaluation; character and background investigation; medical examination; vision screening; and drug screening.
Starting annual base salary: $61,306 (as of May 1, 2014). Application Packets available online at www.gurnee.il.us. Return completed Application Packet and required materials in person or by mail to: Gurnee Police Station, 100 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031; mailed applications must be postmarked by application deadline. Faxed / emailed applications not accepted. Incomplete applications will be rejected.