Full-time Deputy Sheriff
Washington County, Illinois
Interested applicants should return a completed application
and supply a resume
to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, 245 N. Kaskaskia St., Nashville, IL 62263 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Washington County is an equal Opportunity Employer
Full-time Deputy Sheriff – Washington County Illinois
The Washington County Sheriff is seeking a dedicated individual to fill the position of Full-Time Deputy Sheriff.
Washington County Illinois is a primarily rural area but includes the towns of Okawville, Venedy, Lively Grove, Clarmin, Oakdale, Nashville, Covington, New Minden, Hoyleton, Beaucoup, Posen, Du Bois, Radom, Ashley, Richview, Irvington, and portions of Wamac. Washington County maintains a population of about 15,000.
The Sheriff’s Office is comprised of the Sheriff, his Administrative Assistant, Patrol, Investigations, Communications, Corrections, Court Security, Court Bailiffs, and Custodial divisions.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
• US citizenship
• Between 21 and 35 years of age without prior Law Enforcement experience. A Law Enforcement veteran shall be allowed to exceed the maximum age provision by the number of years served on active duty (maximum 10 years)
• High school diploma or equivalent with additional hours college credit
• Valid driver’s license
• Successful completion of the 80 hour transition course within subsequent 12 month probationary period
• No felony convictions or other criminal convictions preventing ILPTB certification
• Successful completion of Psychological, Polygraph, Physical and Drug Screen
• Applicants with Accredited Law Enforcement Academy training, State Certification, and degrees of higher education will be given preference
Applicants will be subject to extensive background investigations.
Within the 12 month probationary period prospective applicants must successfully complete in-house field training and meet the requirements of residency.
The position will require deputies to work primarily night and/or evening shifts, consisting of weekends and holidays. Work schedule will be subject to change and modification frequently per the needs of the office.
Starting salary will be $19.23 per hour with the opportunity for overtime. Salary will include longevity increases as per the FOP contract.
40 hours vacation after one year, 80 hours after two years
2 personal days
80 hours of sick time per year
Health Insurance options
Deferred compensation available
Updated patrol vehicles and equipment
Great school systems
Deputy Sheriffs assigned to patrol are currently working 12 hour shifts.
Candidates should apply by means of a completed application and resume returned to Sheriff Danny J. Bradac, 245 N. Kaskaskia St., Nashville, IL 62263 or email@example.com.
Applications are available on-line at https://washingtonco.illinois.gov/sheriffs-office/.
A deadline for submitting applications will be posted at a later time. PART TIME POLICE OFFICERMT. OLIVE P.D.
PART TIME POLICE OFFICERMT. OLIVE P.D.
Mt. Olive is hiring certified part time officers. Applications can be picked up in person at City Hall, 215 East Main St., from 8:30a.m to 5:00p.m. 8 hour shifts. Part time officer's must be able to work weekends and holidays. Starting pay $12.92 per hour, probation period 6 months then pay goes to $14.35 per hour. For more information call Mt. Olive P.D. at 217-999-6041.